By Terrill Bravender Elise D Berlan,Elise D Berlan,Terrill Bravender
Filled with brief, succinct chapters written by means of specialists within the box of Adolescent medication, this instruction manual covers the foremost well-being matters that practising clinicians on a regular basis stumble upon within the care of adolescents and teenagers. From menstrual issues and sexually transmitted infections, anxiousness issues and melancholy, to consuming issues and customary activities medication issues, this publication is a perfect reference consultant for busy medical practices. scholars, citizens, and validated clinicians alike will locate the “Adolescent Pearls” component of each one bankruptcy relatively useful.
- Introduction (Terrill Bravender and Elise D Berlan)
- Routine wellbeing and fitness upkeep (Richard J Chung and Terrill Bravender)
- Normal development and improvement (Terrill Bravender)
- Precocious Puberty (Thanh Minh Nguyen)
- Delayed Puberty (Thanh Minh Nguyen)
- Dysmenorrhea and Pelvic soreness (Caitlin W Hicks and Ellen S Rome)
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding (Susan Hayden Gray)
- Amenorrhea (Amy D DiVasta)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (Elise D Berlan)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (Cynthia Holland-Hall)
- Vulvovaginitis (Jessica S Castonguay and Elise D Berlan)
- Pelvic Inflammatory ailment (Cynthia Holland-Hall)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (Daniel H Reirden)
- Contraception (Nichole Tyson, Erika Simpson and Elise D Berlan)
- Pregnancy (Michelle Forcier)
- Eating problems (Terrill Bravender)
- Substance Abuse and Dependence (Steven C Matson)
- Preventing and decreasing Tobacco Use (Bonnie L Halpern-Felsher and Holly E R Morrell)
- Obesity (Sarah Armstrong)
- Depression (Richard E D'Alli)
- Anxiety issues (Martha F Perry)
- Suicidal habit (Kimberly ok McClanahan and Hatim Omar)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity ailment (Jessica Foster)
- Pain most important useful Gastrointestinal issues (Desale Yacob)
- Headaches (Ann Pakalnis)
- Acne (Kristin E Ito and Sarah A Myers)
- Common issues in activities drugs (Keith J Loud and Luke Spellman)
- Common Cardiac issues (Megan Smetana and Mark E Alexander)
- Common Rheumatologic issues (Sharon Bout-Tabaku)
- Common health conditions in men (Steven C Matson)
- College well-being (Cindy Schorzman and Melanie A Gold)
- Caring for Lesbian, homosexual, Bisexual and Transgender teens (Joanna D Brown and Timothy Cavanaugh)
- Health deal with Detained and Incarcerated early life (Rachel S-D Fortune and Steven C Matson)
- Adolescents with certain wishes (Renee S Rodrigues)
- Consent and Confidentiality (Sarah J Lerand)
Readership: Clinicians in perform; citizens within the fields of family members perform, pediatrics, inner medication and adolescent medicine.
Read or Download Adolescent Medicine Today:A Guide to Caring for the Adolescent Patient PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
Modern artwork treatment with teens deals sensible and creative suggestions to the multifaceted demanding situations that clinicians face whilst treating adolescents. the writer fuses the modern theories of scientific remedy with the inventive techniques of artwork remedy to reach at a synthesis which yields winning results whilst operating with young people.
"Counseling Boys and younger males presents a plethora of data and counseling concepts necessary to the continuing improvement of younger males. .. .The textual content serves as a noteworthy handbook addressing the myriad of matters affecting younger men in todayís society. "--The expert Counselor JournalThis complete consultant to the original demanding situations confronted via boys and younger males encompasses todayís most crucial matters and provides potent, evidence-based suggestions for treating them.
A Therapist's consultant to baby improvement supplies therapists and counselors the fundamentals they should comprehend their consumers within the context of improvement and to provide an explanation for improvement to folks. The chapters take the reader in the course of the quite a few actual, social, and id advancements taking place at every one age, explaining how each one degree of improvement is heavily associated with psychological overall healthiness and the way that's published in treatment.
Broadly considered as the normal reference and textual content on evidence-based therapies--and now considerably revised--this booklet has brought tens of millions of clinicians and scholars to exemplary remedies for social, emotional, and behavioral difficulties in little ones and early life. Concise chapters specialize in particular psychotherapy types.
Additional resources for Adolescent Medicine Today:A Guide to Caring for the Adolescent Patient
Adolescent Medicine Today:A Guide to Caring for the Adolescent Patient by Terrill Bravender Elise D Berlan,Elise D Berlan,Terrill Bravender