By James Clackson
- Brings jointly contributions from across the world popular classicists, linguists and Latin language specialists
- Offers, in one quantity, a close account of other literary registers of the Latin language
- Explores the social and political contexts of Latin
- Includes new debts of the Latin language in gentle of contemporary linguistic theory
- Supplemented with illustrations protecting the improvement of the Latin alphabet
Read or Download A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
North the USA is extra a political and an fiscal invention than a spot humans name domestic. still, the sector shared through the USA and its closest associates, North the United States, is an interesting body for comparative American reviews. Continental Divides is the 1st booklet to review the styles of touch, alternate, clash, and disavowal between cultures that span the borders of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.
Annie Dillard, a preferable practitioner of the literary epiphany, has turn into a consultant of a necromantic stream that mixes the ecological curiosity of desolate tract literature with the aesthetics of a hugely stylized literature. this primary full-length learn of the Pulitzer prize-winning essayist considers her as desolate tract thinker, spiritual mystic, specialist critic, and arch-romantic.
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The artwork of the textual content contributes to the fast-developing discussion among textual stories and visible tradition reports. It specializes in the methods during which writers imagine and readers reply visually and, in essays by means of researchers in literature, display and visible reviews, the quantity explores the visuality of the literary and non-literary textual content, with a sustained specialise in French fabric of the later 19th and 20th centuries.
- The Cambridge History of the English Novel
- Womanism, Literature, and the Transformation of the Black Community, 1965–1980 (Studies in African American History and Culture)
- Coyness and Crime in Restoration Comedy: Women's Desire, Deception, and Agency (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650–1850)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by James Clackson